Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Tomato Stew

I have been on a mission over the last few months to loose 20-30 lbs (almost there!!). I had some friends over for lunch last Sunday and one of them is also dieting so I came up with a dish that both she and I could eat without breaking our diet(s) and hoped everyone else would enjoy. This is what I created:

Roasted Chicken and Tomato Stew! 
Boneless skinless Chicken breasts - cut into 1-2 in cubes
Fresh Tomatoes - chunked into 8 or so pieces each
Fresh Basil and Rosemary - chopped
organic chicken broth 
then I seasoned it all with salt, pepper and some ground coriander. 

I layered it all in a baking dish (chicken, tomatoes, herbs, seasonings) and added enough chicken broth to  cover the chicken. I baked it for an hour and a half at 375˚f to make sure everything was juicy and extra delicious. 
I pretty much did 1 chicken breast and 1-2 tomatoes per person eating, but I also love leftovers so whatever floats your boat.

In hind sight I would have added more tomatoes and chicken broth, but if you make it, have fun experimenting with the proportions.

It was REALLY good! 

I felt kind of like a jerk after I put it all together though because I forgot that my boyfriend is not a tomato fan, but since he was coming he told me he would try it anyway and not lie if he didn't like it … he had two helpings ;) 

For the non-dieting people I also served pasta and ladled the stew over the noodles. (I mixed Penne and Rottini because that's what I was able to dig out of the cupboard).

I then served my healthy(ish) chocolate swirl cheesecake for dessert with some Raspberry purée over it. WOW!!
I use Ackerman's Berries in a Bottle which is a made locally in Oregon, OH. They grow their own fruit and make the purée themselves. They have 4 flavors of purée and also have some salad dressings and vinegar that you can get as well. Here is the website for anyone interested in more info about the company or the products: http://www.ackermanberryfarm.com/

Have a happy Wednesday!!
                                                                                                                  ~ Claire ~     

No comments:

Post a Comment